On behalf of the National Science Foundation (NSF), we are pleased to welcome you to the 2012 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) of awardees funded by the Directorate for Education and Human Resource's Division of Human Resource Development.
The theme for this year’s JAM is Broadening Participation Research (BPR). The following outcomes are expected as a result of this meeting:
- Outcome 1: The Directorate for Education and Human Resources’ (EHR), and the Division of Human Resource Development’s, R&D Core will be transformed to integrate Broadening Participation Research (BPR) as a result of stakeholder input.
- Outcome 2: There will be improved BPR and Broadening Participation Capacity Building (BPCP) as a result of increased collaborations among principal investigators (PIs).
The Division of Human Resource Development (HRD) will implement the following strategies to address the two planned outcomes:
- HRD will engage PIs in discussions about BPR and the integration of education and social science research in BPCP.
- HRD will support collaborations among researchers, educators and administrators.
- HRD will train PIs and award project staff regarding NSF policies, procedures and priorities.
- HRD will empower PIs to leverage resources across NSF awards to advance the missions of NSF, EHR and HRD.
- Disseminate information to PIs about NSF1, advances in EHR, and about the intellectual bases of BPR.